lunes, 12 de junio de 2017

Communicative Competence Video

This video that I made is a little summary of what I understood of Communicative Competence. In this video I give definitions and differences between Communicative and Linguistic Competence; as well as how Communicative Competence is formed.



Communicative Competence is the learner's ability to understand and use the language appropriately in real contexts, and Linguistic Competence is the learner's ability to create accurate sentences in the second language. Inside Communicative Competence,  we can see that there are five stages that differences between beginner, medium and advanced speakers. This stages are: accuracy, fluency, complexity, appropriacy and capacity; I make a brief description of what these terms are and how to use them. 

I found this project very hard make it done because I was so shy of recording my own self, and in some cases I forgot what to say, -this because I was very nervous- but I have the knowledge, it's only that everything changes when I'm in front of the camera. With all this I tried to do my best.



6 comentarios:

  1. Hi Adriana :)
    I think you did a nice job :) One of the things I could notice is that you may be referring to "intermediate level" instead of "medium" :) I also think that you skip a preposition in the last paragraph after the word "hard". You should had written "very hard to make". Sinally, I think the correct form to say that you record your own is "I was so shy of recording MYSELF) :) Nice job :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi, Adriana
    I also noticed that you skiped a preposition in the last paragraph and it should be "very hard to make...". And good job on your video, even if you say you were nervous.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi, On the first row where says "a little summary" I'd take out the word "little" or change it to other word less ambiguous as "brief".
    Keep it up.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Your introduction and conclusion are appropriate but the part where you typed "this because" you are missing the verb to be there. About your video you should try to make it in a more natural way, the information was understandable and clear. Your accent is so nice.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello Adriana! Your video is a great job, I think you understand clearly the topic and the information is complete and most important you explained it with your own words.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Another thing that I forgot to comment on, was that you said that there are five stages in Communicative competence that differentiate beginners from advanced speakers but I believe that they are rather qualities, that you acquire with practice and instruction, more than steps that someone has to go through to get to the final line.

    ResponderEliminar

Formative and Summative Assessment (Differences & Similarities) and Video

The following concept map is about summative and formative assessment. You will find differences and similarities. The purpose of this map...